Sequencing the whole gene

M Aldeeb via methods%40net.bio.net (by moh_aldeeb from yahoo.com)
Tue Jul 19 04:51:15 EST 2011

Dear All,

Greetings. and first of all many thanks to Cathal and WS for their kind response to my previous email.

I have used a primer to detect the presence of a gene in an organism using PCR. I got an amplicon indicating the presence of the gene. Now I want to sequence the whole gene what should I do? What should I tell the sequencing service provider to sequence only the rest of the gene (on the two sides of the amplicon) and not more than that? This could be a basic question for many of you. Many thanks.

Best regards,

Mohammad

Email: moh_aldeeb from yahoo.com
Personal Website: http://sites.google.com/site/draldeebsite/