CALF THYMUS DNA CONCENTRATION

Sue Katz via methods%40net.bio.net (by skatz from rsu.edu)
Fri Jul 29 13:28:31 EST 2011

If you want a specific size of CT DNA fragment, you could, however, run it with a prep. comb, isolate the band (which would be of a specific size), extract from the agarose, and then you would be able to make a more sure calculation based on approx. length of DNA.
Sue Katz

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 08:58:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: WS <novalidaddress from nurfuerspam.de>
Subject: Re: CALF THYMUS DNA CONCENTRATION
To: methods from net.bio.net

Dear Surendra,

that's not possible, as there is probably no good estimate for DNA molecule size in calf thymus DNA.

What you maybe can do (and probably want) is to assume a certain average molecular weight of a nucleotide [0.25*M(A+G+C+T] or, if you know the GC content, a weighted formula. Then you may derive sort of assumed nucleotide concentration in your solution.

HTH

Wo