GST-GST interaction

Phelan, Paul J. via (by Paul.Phelan from
Tue Mar 1 12:58:09 EST 2011

Dear all,
This may have been asked before (maybe by me), but does anyone have any good advice on how to disrupt GST self-association?  I often have trouble with preps. of GST-fusion proteins (when I need the intact fusion protein) being contaminated with GST that is very difficult to get rid of.  I think this may be a result of "free" GST associating tightly with the GST-fusion.  Has anyone else had this problem, and solved it?

Many thanks,

Paul Phelan
Tufts University