GST-GST interaction

Naveen V via methods%40net.bio.net (by naveenis4u from gmail.com)
Tue Mar 1 16:24:09 EST 2011

Hi,

To avoid self association or oligomer formation or aggregation you an use
2-5mmBME or DTT as a reducing agents. Further more, the best way to have
single conformation of fusion protein use Gel filtration chromatography
(Superdex S200) 120ml column will be better option for good separation. I
don't think you are interested in removing the GST from the protein; if so
use other strategies.

On 2 March 2011 01:58, Phelan, Paul J. <Paul.Phelan from tufts.edu> wrote:

> Dear all,
> This may have been asked before (maybe by me), but does anyone have any
> good advice on how to disrupt GST self-association?  I often have trouble
> with preps. of GST-fusion proteins (when I need the intact fusion protein)
> being contaminated with GST that is very difficult to get rid of.  I think
> this may be a result of "free" GST associating tightly with the GST-fusion.
>  Has anyone else had this problem, and solved it?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Paul Phelan
> Tufts University
> Boston