Can anyone please tell about slope function

sudheer babu via methods%40net.bio.net (by sudheer.pbm07 from gmail.com)
Fri Mar 18 15:19:00 EST 2011

Hi all
Can anyone please tell what is the exact function and use of SLOPE , which
calculates by y=mx+c formula. I found that slope defines the measurement of
line, but my doubt is that I have done protein estimation by bradford
method. Then I plotted a straight line graph based on results. Here what is
the use of calculating slope???  May be I am asking trivial question, I am
kindergarten to mathematics, can anyone please explain me.

Thank you in advance

Cheers
--
Sudheer Babu.S