vacoular or plasma membrane protein?

Emad ALBAROUKI via methods%40net.bio.net (by emad.albarouki from landw.uni-halle.de)
Tue Mar 22 06:54:14 EST 2011

Hello everybody,

I have a question concerning a plasma membrane protein, which have been
expected using different proteomic software to be localized on the plasma
membrane.

After tagging with gfp it looks to be localized in more than 80%  on vesicle
structures which we assumed to be vacuoles.

Is it possible to be a bifunctional protein such as transporter on plasma
membrane and vacuole? or that could be an artifact of gfp fusion process?

Is there any programs or software can discriminate between both
compartment's proteins?

Thank you for your help in advance

Emad