Can anyone please tell about slope function

Peter Ellis via methods%40net.bio.net (by pjie2 from cam.ac.uk)
Fri Mar 25 03:33:48 EST 2011

On 25/03/2011 05:53, DK wrote:

> All this sounds fine and generally correct but let's not forget the obvious:
> It is 5th or 6th grade material we are talking here. *That* makes quite
> a difference. Lotsa implications.

It really depends on the intent of the question.  Are they asking because:

1)  They don't know what a a linear regression is, or what a gradient is.

2)  They don't know why you use one to find out your protein concentration.

3)  They want to be sure that a specific function in a software package
is really doing what they want it to do, and lack the necessary computer
background (or language!) to extract that information from the manual.

Of these, only (3) is a fair question for someone with a degree in the
field.

Peter