Can anyone please tell about slope function

Fri Mar 25 08:01:44 EST 2011

Thanks Josh,
    This is what I am trying to say as well.  I have been a member of this listserv for well over 13 years now, since I was a student myself.  During my graduate days, I have asked several silly questions as well, and there has always been some kind gentleman who took the time to answer them.  I appreciate Wo and others who have helped out with their suggestions more than others who have only offered their criticisms.  Please do not judge the people who are asking questions, which is not the purpose of this group.  It is obvious that if the person asking for help is willing to wait a day or two for an answer, they have exhausted all available options to gain that information.  Trust me, I know that from experience.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu [mailto:methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Joshua Silverstein
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 3:55 PM
To: WS
Cc: methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: Re: Can anyone please tell about slope function

I feel his/her pain in hearing "you should check this source and that, this
is simple"... I do agree this subject is a bit ridiculous to ask, but I have
posed questions to the listserve before about protocols that seem to be so
common that a real detailed SOP isn't available unless your lab has been
working on the problem for a decade or three.  With more information in the
digital age, it seems like we just have a lot more junk out there to sift
through.

I wish that people would be more respectful and just help.  We don't know
each other and I'd like to think of the listserve as a symbiotic
relationship where we can all learn without being told we are stupid.
Really it would take 2 minutes of your time and care to help one another
out, instead of ridiculing. This listserve doesn't exist to question the
state of science today, it is to advance it. If you want to talk policy,
find another venue, or I bet less people will subscribe to this listserve.
In that case, we all lose.

Josh