Protein but not DNA denaturant

Wolfgang Schechinger via methods%40net.bio.net (by novalidaddress from nurfuerspam.de)
Tue Nov 8 14:11:54 EST 2011

Am Tue, 08 Nov 2011 15:06:47 +0000 schrieb Cathal Garvey:

Hi Cathal,

"phenol saturated water / buffer" comes into my mind, remembering the
effects of traces of phenol on PCR & digests.

I never have tested if it really worked, but I frequently used to add a
tiny amount (1ul or so) of phenol to DNA precipitations with alcohol,
just to be sure that there was no carryover of active Taq or restriction
enzymes still bound to DNA while precipitating.

HTH

Wo