RNAlater on whole fish

Edmund Ling via methods%40net.bio.net (by e.ling1 from uq.edu.au)
Wed Oct 12 04:14:19 EST 2011

Hi,

We are intending to treat an entire fish (about 3.5 cm in length) with RNAlater before dissection to remove specific organs. We would then isolate RNA from these organs for Illumina HiSeq 2000 sequencing.

Could you please provide feedback on the feasibility/utility of treating the whole animal with RNAlater before dissection, as opposed to treating only the organs after dissection, with respect to RNA yield and sequence fidelity.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Edmund

Edmund Y S Ling, DPhil | Research Officer
Applied Bioinformatics Group, Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics & School of Agriculture & Food Sciences |  The University of Queensland |
t: 61 7 3346 7083 |  f: 61 7 3365 1176 |  e: e.ling1 from uq.edu.au<mailto:e.ling1 from uq.edu.au> | web: www.appliedbioinformatics.com.au<http://www.appliedbioinformatics.com.au/>

This email is intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain private or confidential information or information which is legally privileged.  If you are not the intended addressee, you must take no action based on it, nor show a copy to anyone.  Kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Opinions and information in this email which do not relate to the official business of The University of Queensland shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University.