Somatic embryogenesis of cotton

kamalaker nasani via (by agbiok4 from
Mon Sep 12 02:40:44 EST 2011

Dear members

I am working cotton on embryo genesis.  I am getting callus which looks like
globular stage embryos in my suspension cultures.  The problem is these
embryos are not proliferating further or converting into plants.

I have seen in one query that they are  using *picloramI or dicamba for
Maize suspension *cultures.  What is the role of these things in raising
somatic embryo suspension cultures.  Is it useful for other crops also.
 Please can I get any relevant literature regarding this.

If anybody working in Malvaceae family please let me know to discuss further
for assistance

Kamalaker Nasani,

 The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain -- he is
inspired by it. The persistent winner is not discouraged by a problem -- he
is challenged by it. Mountains are created to be conquered; adversities are
designed to be defeated; problems are sent to be solved. It is better to
master one mountain than a thousand foothills.

-  William Arthur Wards