Somatic embryogenesis of cotton

kamalaker nasani via methods%40net.bio.net (by agbiok4 from gmail.com)
Mon Sep 12 02:40:44 EST 2011

Dear members

I am working cotton on embryo genesis.  I am getting callus which looks like
globular stage embryos in my suspension cultures.  The problem is these
embryos are not proliferating further or converting into plants.

I have seen in one query that they are  using *picloramI or dicamba for
Maize suspension *cultures.  What is the role of these things in raising
somatic embryo suspension cultures.  Is it useful for other crops also.
 Please can I get any relevant literature regarding this.

If anybody working in Malvaceae family please let me know to discuss further
for assistance

--
Kamalaker Nasani,

 The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain -- he is
inspired by it. The persistent winner is not discouraged by a problem -- he
is challenged by it. Mountains are created to be conquered; adversities are
designed to be defeated; problems are sent to be solved. It is better to
master one mountain than a thousand foothills.

-  William Arthur Wards