Sterilised LB media getting some medicine smell, while I was growing E.coli culture

Prasad Senadheera via methods%40net.bio.net (by psenadheera from gmail.com)
Fri Sep 23 21:30:28 EST 2011

hi sudeer
probably the 'medicine smel'l may have come from the anibiotics or
some substances broken down or syntheisised by the fungus. we have
also used this media but have some type of strange smells after being
incubated with inoculations.

prasad

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Jayakumar, R
<R.Jayakumar from roswellpark.org> wrote:
> Sudheer,
>   Medicine smell ?? Medicines smell differently.  Can you describe the smell better?  Did the colour of the media change after you autoclaved it?  And how long did you autoclave it?
>
> Jay

Prasad Senadheera