Hello...problem of detecting proteins with CBB staining

Wed Aug 1 20:10:54 EST 2012

In article <mailman.521.1343668177.3456.methods from net.bio.net>,
sudheer.pbm07 from gmail.com says...
> *I followed
> exactly similar conditions but I could able to detect 60ng of protein.
> Actually I am looking for most sensitive method to detect protein on PAGE.
> I tried manual Silver staining method(Blue et al) , some times it is
> working sometimes not.

In most staining methods staining intensity varies with amino acid
composition of the protein in question, seeing 10 ng bands with one and
60 ng with another protein is therefore not surprising. If CBB is not
sensitive enough, and silver to finicky, then staining with RuBPS (dye
hard) may be the answer: simple, cheap and very sensitive. I have
discussed several variations of this method in a recent paper (Meth.
Mol. Biol. 869 (2012) 543-550 DOI=10.1007/978-1-61779-821-4_48)