Overgrown (3day) LB plates ok to use?

Tue Aug 7 13:37:23 EST 2012

If they were antibiotic resistance plates, they are probably useless and full of satellite colonies.
Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu [mailto:methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of David Liu
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 7:39 PM
To: methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: Overgrown (3day) LB plates ok to use?

I left a replica LB Amp plate in the 37C over the weekend, and I'd like to know if they're still good to use.  I've started liquid cultures but if they grow, can I use the minipreps without resequencing the whole plasmid? It's a replica plate, so I don't necessarily need single colonies, and satellite colonies are not an issue.  I am primarily concerned about spontaneous mutations that may have accumulated.  Any ideas? _______________________________________________
Methods mailing list
Methods from net.bio.net