Tris-HEPES

Yvonne Couch via methods%40net.bio.net (by yvonne.couch from pharm.ox.ac.uk)
Mon Feb 6 10:31:15 EST 2012

Hi all,
I am trying to replicate the experiments of an ex-colleagues whose notes require '50mM tris-HEPES buffer (ph7.5)'. I am not sure whether the 50mM refers to the tris or the HEPES and was wondering whether anyone had any experience with this? I am using it as an extraction buffer for fresh tissue (the other components of which are sucrose and EDTA) and need to maintain the integrity of the enzymes within the tissue, rather than the cells. If anyone has any suggestions for a replacement for this buffer or any more details on how to make a tris-HEPES buffer, I would be most grateful.
Regards
Yvonne