Desperately looking for E. coli with lambda cI857 Sam7

Duncan Clark via methods%40net.bio.net (by blackhole from abuse.plus.com)
Wed Feb 15 10:56:12 EST 2012

Historians believe that in newspost
<26192644.3453.1329291940527.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums from vbmh19> on
Tue, 14 Feb 2012, Bjorn <bjornjobb from gmail.com> penned the following
literary masterpiece:
>I am looking for an E. coli strain with a lysogenic lambda phage that is practical to induce and purify, such as one with cI857 Sam7.
>
>If you have one, I would be most grateful if you could send it to me.
>Alternatively, point me to a resource that is free or not too expensive where I could buy one.

Buy some standard full length lambda cI857 Sam7 methylated DNA from NEB
and electroporate into suitable E.coli host. Screen for lysogen i.e.
grows at 28C but not 42C.

Or buy in same DNA but find someone with a lambda packing kit, package,
plate screen etc.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark