is aluminium sulfate added to coommasie staining for increase the sensitivity of proteins?

Naveen Vankadari via methods%40net.bio.net (by naveenis4u from gmail.com)
Fri Feb 24 01:19:28 EST 2012

HI Sudheer,
Nice to see your mail, for your information its not aluminum sulphate but
its Ammonium sulphate. The detail composition is ....          10 % v/v
methanol,
9 % v/v acetic acid,
2 % w/v ammonium sulfate and
0.05 %PhastGel BlueR 350.

In our lab we are using this since many years and moreover it is
commercially selling by GE company. PhastGel system we do use same machine
and gel and others for SDS-PAGE which is run in horizontal.

 2012 22:52, sudheer sangeetham <sudheer.pbm07 from gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
> I have read one article(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2466647), they
> added aluminium sulfate to commasie staining solution(CBB R250) to increase
> the sensitivity of proteins. Is anybody tried it ?
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> --
> Sudheer Babu.S
> Ph.D student