Citrate Buffer - Carboxylation of proteins and peptides ?

Straube,Werner via (by werner.straube from
Wed Jan 11 12:32:46 EST 2012

Dear all,

I intend to use citrate buffer at 100 mM for some experiments, but then I stumbled over a notice from Dionex, that citrate buffer can modify proteins and peptides.

However, when searching for references I was not able to find information about it. Is this really a major artefact in citrate buffer ?

Does anyone have some information or references about it ?