"Best" chemiluminiscent Westen detection?

Irit Rappley via methods%40net.bio.net (by irappley from scripps.edu)
Wed Jan 18 20:37:51 EST 2012

I've done quite a bit of ECL, including some comparisons among brands of reagents and film. Better results come at a higher price.

My go-to combination is Pierce SuperSignal Pico (more expensive), or Amersham/GE ECL Plus (less expensive), as far as reagent kits.  For film, I like Molecular Technologies Classic Blue autorad film, distributed by MIDSCI. I've found that it has the best resolution at a reasonable price.

Hope this helps,
Irit