Methods Digest, Vol 82, Issue 4

Michael Sullivan via methods%40net.bio.net (by mlsulliv from wisc.edu)
Fri Mar 9 17:24:26 EST 2012

I think this is a needless worry! Water has almost no buffering capacity, so a tiny amount of dissolved CO2 impacts water's pH. This amount of CO2 is very small compared to the amount of ACTUAL buffer (TRIS, phosphate, whatever) you are using, so will generally have only a negligible effect on pH of your buffer solution.

Mike
---
Michael L. Sullivan, PhD
Research Molecular Geneticist