regarding volume to be maintained in 12ml ultracentrifuge tubes during ultracentrifugation

Mon May 21 12:35:04 EST 2012

Depends.  The ones that seal on top can take full volume.  The ones that do not and is open should not exceed  75% of the stated volume.
Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu [mailto:methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of divya teja
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 9:22 AM
To: methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: regarding volume to be maintained in 12ml ultracentrifuge tubes during ultracentrifugation

hello everyone

 I wanted to isolated rafts from the mouse neuronal cell lines using ultracentrifuge.
So, the am having 12ml centrifuge tubes that to be used for ultracentrifugation, but my sample volume itself is 12ml exactly.

So, my doubts are:
   1.  can i use 12ml centrifuge tubes for my 12ml sample?????
   2.  will there be any spillage of sample????????
   3.  Actually what are the minimum and maximum volumes to be maintained in 12ml ultra centrifuge tubes?????????

 Can you please help me, in clearing my doubts?.

   thank you

   regards
   divya