Protein expression

Imran khan via methods%40net.bio.net (by incredibleleo from yahoo.com)
Mon Jul 15 01:59:39 EST 2013

If the cells are dying that means the protein is toxic to the cells and could result in cell stress related proteolysis. Using a different strain of E.coli could help. does the his- antibody give any band at all?

________________________________
 From: Hiranya Roychowdhury <hroychow from nmsu.edu>
To: Theresa H <theresahsu8 from live.com>; "methods from net.bio.net" <methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu>
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:27 AM
Subject: RE: Protein expression

It will be important to know what the base changes did to the protein, especially since it is otherwise homologous.  There is a possibility that the base changes caused leakiness when integrated into the bacterial membrane.

Hiranya S. Roychowdhury, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Health & Public Services
NMSU-Dona Ana Community  College