kit recommendation for Baculovirus generation

Mike Autry via methods%40net.bio.net (by jma from ddt.umn.edu)
Thu Jul 2 11:56:10 EST 2015

Methods:

Please provide recommendation for generating recombinant baculoviruses. I have used BaculoGold kit since the 1990s, but the kit is no longer available. I am unfamiliar with next-generation kits which use bacterial splicing of bacmid or Gateway plasmid shuttle. My expression plasmids contain AmpR, ori, polH promoter, and BV recombinant region ORF603 (eg, pVL1393, pAcSG2), but I do not have Gateway vectors. Cell line of choice is Sf21, but also use Sf9 and HiFive. Thanks in advance.

Mike Autry, PhD
Assistant Research Professor, U of MN
BEVS articles: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=autry+jm+and+insect+cells