Na2Po2 buffer?

Wed Sep 30 02:32:11 EST 2015

In article <mailman.85.1442594994.6180.methods from net.bio.net>,
sudheer.pbm07 from gmail.com says...

> In one of the article which was published in 2002, I read that people used
> Na2Po4 buffer for their experiment. My question is Na2Po4 chemical is
> available now ?

Probably not. All isotopes of Polonium are radioactive, making it very
inconvenient to work with. In addition, Po is unlikely to form compounds
with Na of the given stoichiometry. Further, Po is way too expensive to
use its compounds merely for buffering.

However, if you mean Na2HPO4 than that is a very common chemical known as
Disodium hydrogen phosphate, which indeed can be used to make buffers.
Check the catalogs of supply companies like Fluka, Riedel or Merck.

Of course my answer is a little tongue-in-cheek, but I wanted to
emphasise the importance of correct scientific terminology.