Micro Journal Club

Martin Latterich micro at mendel.berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 16 19:43:56 EST 1994

Dear Netters:

After such an overwhelming positive response concerning the
microbiology journal club (JC), and already one post for discussion, we
better keep things moving fast.

A few people like to see a frequent discussion, and a bi-monthly JC
article seems adequate to me at first, although we still could have a
weekly JC should there be sufficient interest and feed-back. Anybody
interested in participating should submit an article (reference or
abstract) to the Micro JC coordinator, who will pick one article and
make a post for discussion on the first and fifteenth of each month.
The JC coordinator would keep all suggestions/submissions on file so we
will not run out of material over the years. Any articles are welcome
for discussion, including articles of historical significance.

Last but not least, we will need to find a volunteer for the JC
coordinator task. The JC coordinator will receive suggestions for a JC
discussion, or pick an article for discussion were there no
submissions. It would be nice, but not required, if the JC coordinator
could give some initial thoughts to start a discussion.

Once we have the JC coordinator, we could start immediately. In the
meantime people can pass on their suggestions for articles to me, and I
will pass them on in due course. Hope to see some stimulating
discussion here shortly.

                        Sincerely,

                        Martin Latterich
                        BIONET.MICROBIOLOGY Discussion Leader