Another question

HANS BUSK hans.busk at dkb.dk
Sun Dec 4 16:10:00 EST 1994

AC> Anyway, I was trying to think of fungal diseases, and they really
AC> seem to be rare.  No hurry, I'm just interested in anyone's
AC> thoughts.

Part of the explanation could be in the generation time, and the
ubiquitous nature of most fungi.
The immunesystem is often challenged with the fungi, and the fungi very
seldom mutate to evolve new patogenic capacities. Therefore a quite
stable balance will evolve.
Bacteria on the other hand, and virus have a much faster antigenic
variation, and it can be a long time before you are challenged with the
same virus or patogenic bacterium. The immunesystem therefore will often
not have had a prior opportunity to train.

Just my humble opinion

Yours
Hans Erik Busk

 * RM 1.3 02496 * PFAA -> Peoples Front Against Acronyms