cefachlor - what is it?

HANS BUSK hans.busk at dkb.dk
Sat Dec 10 17:16:00 EST 1994

FO> my theoretical patient is a 2 year old with otitis media.  the child
FO> was first put on ampicillin, but there was no response to it.  The
FO> antibiotic has been switched to cefachlor, and has improved the
FO> patient's condition.

Sorry if I sounds a little hostile, but have you considered if
antibiotic treatment was relevant in this case. The benefit of
antibiotic treatment in otitis media is at best marginal, and the
consequences of unnecessary spread of antibiotics should be obvious by
now.

Treatment by successive trial and error use of antibiotics until the
disease resolves is a very bad practise, which will only accelerate the
problems with resistant strains in much more serious diseases such as
meningitis.

Yours
Hans Erik Busk
Denmark
 * RM 1.3 02496 * PFAA -> Peoples Front Against Acronyms