Any microbiologist/bacterial geneticists at Ohio State?

David L. Coplin dcoplin at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Wed Dec 21 16:29:05 EST 1994

In article <D0zACw.n65 at ns1.nodak.edu>, e_hugo at dsu1.dsu.nodak.edu (Eric R.
Hugo) wrote:

> mjfath at ellis.uchicago.edu (Michael J. Fath) wrote:
>
> >I was wondering if the Ohio State University has faculty members working
> >on bacterial genetics in the Department of Molecular Genetics or in any
> >of the other life science departments.
> >

> You might have somewhat better luck contacting people in the
Microbiology Dept,
> the Molecular Genetics department has a more eucaryotic bent to it.
Some people in
> Micro that were there (at least in 1991): Dr. John Reeves (archeabacteria),
> Dr. Bill Strohl (fermentation/biotech), Dr. Kathy Kendrick (actinomycete
genetics/development),
> Dr. Charles Daniels (archaebacteria I think), and quite a few other
individuals whom I
> can't recall right at the present.

In addition to the above, Dr. Don Dean in Biochemistry works on Bacillus
sp., Dr. Neil Baker in Microbiology works on Psuedomonas aeruginosa, Dr.
Faan Rampersaud works on two-component regulators in E. coli, and my lab
works on the genetics of EPS synthesis and plant pathogenicity in
Erwinia.  All together, OSU has a strong group of bacterial geneticists.