transducing recA w/o tetR ?

R.G. Walters mbrgw at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 6 11:00:20 EST 1994

[On fusaric acid selection...]
>: Roughly 80-90% of colonies on these plates were (in my hands) Tet sensitive.

One thing I found helped was incubating at 30C.  The selection seems more
effective if the cells are growing/dividing more slowly.

Oh - and of course you have to grow the cells in the absence of Tet prior
to plating them out.  Else all the ones you want are dead :-(

Robin Walters.                      Robert Hill Institute, Sheffield UK.

A fact is an opinion that everyone agrees with.