Need Help

Chittaranjan Ray cray89 at uxh.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Oct 7 21:11:35 EST 1994

I would like to have some information on compounds
that might change color (visible to eye or camera)
in the porous medium or soil under microbial action.
I am expecting that the soil will be partly wet and at
ambient temperature.

This is some thing I am interested to oberve microbial
through an indirect means. I would like to know if such
compounds are only acted upon by one or more specific
types of organisms. Some one mentioned a compound like
chitin.

I do not have much microbilogy in my traning. I have a degree
in engineering. So, please respond so that it will be easy
for a nonmicrobilogist to understand.

Chittaranjan Ray
Illinois State Water Survey
Champaign, IL