Can you pick up a bacterium?

BCapstone bcapstone at
Mon Oct 24 17:43:07 EST 1994

In article <gjs.1342.13086B84 at>, gjs at (Gaz) writes:

<What do you mean by "pick up". Cells can be sorted by flow cytometry
techniques quite easily (we do it). A mixture as different as that stated
above would be very easy to sort. Once sorted they would be available for
other manipulation/technique you might want to carry out.>

I want to separate out the rods in a semen specimen in a patient who was
recently septic during an acute attack of prostatitis.  The semen contains
sperm, white blood cells, lots of cocci, and scattered rods of different
shapes.  I would like to identify them and learn their sensitivities if
Does your lab do the flow cytometry technique or do you know of one that
might serve as a lab for this project?