Author Needs Asistance w/ Artificial Blood

crash at intac.com crash at intac.com
Wed Oct 26 23:04:35 EST 1994

I am currently researching for a fictional novel I wish to write. Part of the
basis for this story revolves around a human trial study of an artificial
blood that is stable at room temperature for extended periods, and substitutes
for any blood type. A key point in the novel will be the ability of the blood
substitute to cross the blood-brain barrier, and deposit in the brain where it
will cause a reaction due to a set of circumstances. Right now I am
considering making the blood on a sugar base,
in order to pass into the brain, where it will react when endorphins reach a
certain level (an unplanned effect). I am looking for information and comments
as to the feasability of this idea, as well as specifics on artificial blood
and the FDA requirements to get a drug to market.

This is my first novel, and I am trying to keep all scientific aspects as real
as possible. All assistance I recieve will be fully credited. If anyone can
help, or point me in the right direction, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
   Rich Mogull
   crash at intac.com