JC Coordinator

Meta Kuehn kuehn at MENDEL.BERKELEY.EDU
Thu Sep 1 11:12:52 EST 1994

Dear Micronetters:

A few weeks ago, Martin Latterich, our Bionet.Microbiology
Discussion Leader, asked whether anyone was interested in being Journal
Club coordinator for this newsgroup...

"...Anybody interested in participating should submit an article (reference or
abstract) to the Micro JC coordinator, who will pick one article and
make a post for discussion on the first and fifteenth of each month.
The JC coordinator would keep all suggestions/submissions on file so we
will not run out of material over the years. Any articles are welcome
for discussion, including articles of historical significance.

Last but not least, we will need to find a volunteer for the JC
coordinator task. The JC coordinator will receive suggestions for a JC
discussion, or pick an article for discussion were there no
submissions. It would be nice, but not required, if the JC coordinator
could give some initial thoughts to start a discussion.

Once we have the JC coordinator, we could start immediately..."

I submit myself as volunteer for JC coordinator.  Those of you who would
like to submit suggestions for articles to discuss can send your
suggestions to me. [I propose that suggestions be submitted to my address,
as opposed to the bionet address, in order to minimize confusion over what
article is actually being discussed.]  I will then post the article to be
discussed approximately one week before the discussion is officially begun,
so that we all have a chance to find and read it.  Discussions can then
begin the 1st or 15th of the month.  I will try to keep the range of
articles varied enough to include all "walks" of microbiology.  Any
suggestions at what you consider "interesting" will be appreciated;
hopefully, this will be reflected in the amount of suggestions from any
given topic that I receive.

If there are others who would like to help coordinate the JC, please
contact me.  I would be happy to alternate choosing articles with them.

So, without further ado, please begin submitting your suggestions for
articles to me (and your initial brief comments or recommendations
regarding these articles, if any) so that I can make a choice for a
discussion beginning Sept. 15th.

Sincerely....Meta