Culture preservation

S. J. Bale glsjb at mail.bris.ac.uk
Fri Sep 2 11:53:04 EST 1994

Kevin P. O'Connell (oconne18 at pilot.msu.edu) wrote:
: In Article <77783025834n12 at 134.58.40.4> "Chris=Michiels%LMM%AGR at agr.kuleuven.ac.be" says:
: > How (medium, OD,...) should one grow cultures for subsequent freezing or lyophilisation?
: > What is the best cryoprotectant? At what concentration?
: > What about anaerobes?

Try

H. Hippe (1984). Maintenance of Methanogenic Bacteria In: Maintenance of
Microorganisms, A Manual of Laboratory Methods (eds. B. E. Kisop Snell,
J.J.) Academic Press, London,

for anaerobes. We;ve used it for SRB and others successfully.

Simon

Dr Simon Bale, Dept Geology, Univeristy of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1RJ, UK.
    Tel. +44 272 288930, Fax +44 272 253385, e-mail s.bale at bristol.ac.uk
    X.400 /I=s/S=bale/O=bristol/PRMD=UK.AC/ADMD= /C=GB/
    www http://www.gly.bris.ac.uk/