Nonisotopic AA transport assays (cont.)

Hr Dr. S. Shapiro toukie at
Mon Sep 5 07:02:58 EST 1994

Dear Colleagues;

     Some time ago I posted a request for information re nonisotopic
amino acid or carbohydrate transport/uptake assays using bacteria or fungi.
So far I have received very many letters from people asking that I share
the responses with them; unfortunately I have thusfar received very little
useful information.  So I now reiterate my request:

     If anyone has references/citations to bacterial/fungal amino acid/
carbohydrate transport/uptake studies that do NOT rely on radioisotopes or
2H, 13C, or 15N-labelled substrates, kindly send them to me at

                        toukie at

Please do _not_ send information on how to perform colourimetric amino
acid assays; these I can already do.  I will share all useful information
I receive with anyone who requests it.

     I thank all responders in advance for their assistance in this matter.

Yours respectfully,

(Dr.) S. Shapiro
Institut fuer orale Mikrobiologie und allgemeine Immunologie
Zentrum fuer Zahn-, Mund-, und Kieferheilkunde der Universitaet Zuerich
Plattenstrasse 11
CH-8028 Zuerich, Switzerland

Internet: toukie at
FAX-nr: ( ... + 1) 261'56'83