Bionet.microbiology vs Sci.bio.microbiology

Andreas Brune Andreas.Brune at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Sep 6 06:11:40 EST 1994

In article <34h9g3$7kc at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, EWEN <E.F.Mcpherson at uel.ac.uk> says:

>I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm starting to develop a
>nervous tic every time I see the above header or similar in the group.

stuff deleted...

I wholehartedly agree with you. I really don't think that this newsgroup
is at a point where one would consider a split -- I'd rather state that
we are in need for more traffic to become more attractive to the microbiological
community. Rather than writing endless news about newsgroups politics and
internet technicalities (just like this message... ;-) we should
concentrate on microbiological topics. This we have this newsgroup.

Regarding the proposed newsgroup charter of sci.bio.microbiology, these
are mostly topics we should be discussing here. And bionet.microbiology
is definetely not a _technical-related_ newsgroup just because people
ask questions about techniques.

Dr. Andreas Brune         	Phone: 	+49-7531-883282
Mikrobielle Oekologie     	Fax:   	+49-7531-882966
Universitaet Konstanz     	E-mail:	Andreas.Brune at uni-konstanz.de