Bionet.microbiology AND Sci.bio.microbiology

RYBICKI, ED ED at molbiol.uct.ac.za
Wed Sep 7 10:09:58 EST 1994

> As a courtesy to bionet.microbiology readers, I have included this
       ^^^^^^^^  ??  I think not!

> group in the distribution of the RFD, but if you prefer, I will
not
> post futher announcements here about sci.bio.microbiology.

Please don't.

> to mend the bad feelings generated during the bionet.microbiology

Unnecessarily!  Politics rather than good sense is what caused the
problem, if I read it right.

> I hope that many of you will vote YES for sci.bio.microbiology,
and
> read it as well as bionet.microbiology, if you have access to
Usenet.

I used to read sci.med.aids - it was so pseudo-scientific, so often,
that I have given up in disgust.  I am a microbiologist.  I REALLY
don't need to get swamped in what is really one of the ONLY
newsgroups on the net that applies to ME, personally and
professionally, in half-baked and often hysterical posts that have
little to do with the subject at hand.  Forget sci.bio.micro, or at
least, don't cross-post if it does come to life.

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD          |         Well, I tip my hat           |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)     |      To the new constitution         |
 | Dept Microbiology        | Take a bow for the new revolution... |
 | University of Cape Town  |  Then I get on my knees and pray     |
 | Private Bag, Rondebosch  |   We don't get get fooled again...   |
 | 7700, South Africa       |                                      |
 | fax: xx27-21-650 4023    |      - Pete Townshend, 1972          |
 | tel: xx27-21-650 3265    |      (Won't get fooled again)        |