microbial activity in soil

Richard Haimann rhaimann at netcom.com
Thu Sep 8 11:03:15 EST 1994

A laboratory called Microbial Insights - 615 966 7356 (Knoxville,
Tennessee, USA) specializes in microbial lipid analyses which are used to
indicate microbial activity.  They advertise that they can identify
viable biomass, community structure, nutritional status, toxicity,
eukaryote/prokaryote ratio, and other microbial ecology features in a
soil sample.  I haven't used them or looked closely into their methods yet.

Hope this helps.

Dorothea.Smith (SmithD at micr.unp.ac.za) wrote: