Bacteria in human nose

Peter Rice pmr at staffa.sanger.ac.uk
Fri Sep 16 06:40:48 EST 1994

In article <94258.134054MWB6 at psuvm.psu.edu> michael "breed" breedveld <MWB6 at psuvm.psu.edu> writes:
>   In article <Cw5FCL.DFs at freenet.carleton.ca>, aw833 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Graham
>   Higgins) says:
>
>   > My friend is working on a project and would like to know what species of
>   >bacteria would normally be found in the human nose.  Also, any information
>   >on 'brain and heart infusion' media for growing bacteria (preparation,
>   >whether it is selective for certain bacteria species, etc) would be
>   >appreciated.  Please send me e-mail if you have any information.  Thanks.
>   Many bacterai and fungi grow on thie rich medium. However, it is an effective c
>   ontra-indicator for R. leguminosarum, since this organism does NOT grow on it.

Pity. If our noses could fix Nitrogen, we could take in more oxygen per breath
and win lots of races.

Peter Rice                           | Informatics Division
E-mail: pmr at sanger.ac.uk             | The Sanger Centre
Tel: (44) 1223 494967                | Hinxton Hall, Hinxton,
Fax: (44) 1223 494919                | Cambs, CB10 1RQ