infected SEMEN, help needed!

BCapstone bcapstone at aol.com
Thu Sep 29 14:34:05 EST 1994

Some concern in private e-mail has been generated about whether the
patient has been treated for sepsis.  He was treated with Imipenem and the
sepsis resolved but the prostatitis has not.  Imipenem may not penetrate
the prostate well, and the infection may be more than one organism (which
is why I am interested in doing PCR.)  Bacterial resistance should not be
a problem as the testing showed sensitivity to Imipenem.  I still have not
found a lab that has any experience doing PCR on bacterial specimens.  So
far have found labs doing viral research, and insect research, and
mycobacterial research, but none for the problem that I am dealing with.