'french press'(was: Re: high pressure sterilization)

Klaus v. Knoblauch knoblauch at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de
Fri Sep 30 08:36:05 EST 1994

In article <1994Sep29.135409.14710 at es.dupont.com>, mccardaj at esvx23.es.dupont.com writes:
[...]
> Please could someone explain to me what a "french press" is?  This is the
> second reference to it and I have no idea what this is.

'French Press' is a device to disrupt cells. Cells in suspension are passed
trough a jet under high pressure (~70 MPa, if I remember right).
                                Klaus

InterNet:  Knoblauch at mpi-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de
EAN     :  <Please use InterNet to send mail>

> .sig closed for repair
Disclaimer: The above stated opinions are not necessarily shared by my
            employers. Some times not even by me.