Help wanted on TRANSDUCTION

Thomas J. Dougherty doughert at
Mon Apr 10 14:13:29 EST 1995

In article <3lviiu$rlg at>, speigham at (Seyed Mostafa Peighambari) says:
>I am trying to transduce an E. coli K-12 strain (711) using P1 phage.....

It looks as if you are basically following the right procedure.  One potential
problem is your use of P1clr100, which forms lysogens at 30C (your expression
time).  I would suggest that you try using P1vir.  Also, I would follow the much
simpler protocol in Experiments with Gene Fusions (Silhavy et al., CSH Press).
We use this P1vir transduction protocol all the time with great success.
Good Luck!
		Tom Dougherty