Enevold.Falsen at Enevold.Falsen at
Sun Apr 9 23:25:11 EST 1995

There are: Methylobacter, Methylobacterium, Methylococcus,
Methylomicrobium, Methylomonas, Methylosinus, and several other
We relatively often receive red-pigmented nonfermenting bacteria
for identification. These are found in water, hospital
environment and even in blood cultures.
We are not specialized in these organisms. FAME-profiling or the
Biolog system are used for the partial characterizatin (or

There are also rose-pigmented genera: Roseobacter, Roseococcus,
Roseomonas, ...

Subject: methylobacteria
Author:  SE {comers at}
Date:    1995-04-08 14.29

I am interested in finding out more about methylobacteria--how common it
is in water supplies, does it exhibit any radiation resistant properties.
If anyone has heard about or done any research on methylobacterium, if you
would write to me.  I can then let you know what strains I am particularly
interested in and specific questions.

Thank you kindly,

JuLee Comer
Comers at

************ CCUG = Bacterial strains & Identification *************
Enevold Falsen, - Curator            Voice: +46.31.60 46 25
Culture Collection, University of Goteborg      Fax: +46.31.82 54 84
Guldhedsg 10, S-413 46 Goteborg, Sweden      IN: <ccugef at>