Bacillus popilliae - scarab milky disease

Dr. Michael J. Miller mignatz at
Tue Apr 11 21:41:23 EST 1995

In article <3m4if1$m6 at>, yousten at (yousten) wrote:

> I am beginning a molecular taxonomic study of B. popilliae type bacteria
> milky disease in scarab beetle larvae. I'd like to obtain additional
> cultures to examine, preferably isolated outside the U.S. and from insects
> other than the Japanese beetle. If you have cultures you could contribute,
> please reply directly to:  Yousten @

Back in 1979, I worked on B. popilliae spores at the New York State
Agicultural Experiment Station (Cornell Univ.) in Geneva, NY.  Dr. Keith
Steinkraus was the lead scientist.  They might be able to help you out
(sorry, I have no phone number). Good luck!  -Dr. Michael Miller