Genetics question.....

Cliff Mintz mintz at CNJ.DIGEX.NET
Tue Apr 18 10:03:16 EST 1995

On 18 Apr 1995, TAnwar wrote:

> I believe that the Dwarfism might be a Dominant trait.   Therefore both
> parents would have the alleles for Dd X Dd, and therefore 1/4 possibility
> for dd (non-Dwarf).
	I am not a eukaryotic geneticist but I recently heard a piece on
dwarfism on NPR and Tanwar is right.  The DD genotype is lethal
consequently, all dwarfs are heterozygous and can bear children that are
not dwarfs.
       Cliff Mintz, Ph.D			Phone:(908)940-692
       Transcell Technologies Inc               Fax:(908)821-4470
       2000 Cornwall Road			e-mail:mintz at
       Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852
           	"No sacrifice is too great for science"-C.Adair