Microbes that eat hydrocarbons and are environmentally safe.

Roger J. Young roger at bio.tamu.edu
Mon Apr 24 14:33:11 EST 1995

>After years of research at the University of Texas, a blend of 13 microbes
>collected from natural oil seeps around the world has been compiled.

I would be interested to know how one would manage to keep such a blend
stable, ie. preventing one species from overrunning the others. Would you
create a new mix/batch just before deployment ? If stable, how would you
ensure that such a population doesn't contaminate deliberate stores of
hydrocarbons?
(This is all good stuff for the Microbial Ecology part of my course.)
TIA

Rog.