surgeons nose

Robert Morrell Jr. bmorrell at ISNET.IS.WFU.EDU
Mon Aug 7 10:20:25 EST 1995

While I almost have to laugh at any medical professional who questions
whether patients treated by MRSA infected people are at any increased
risk of MRSA infection (germ theory of medicine anyone?) I would raise a
more practical question that reverse the issue again:

Why is anyone really concerned anymore about MRSA? MRSA infection rates
are so high that anyone who empirically treats with oxacillin or a ceph
is taking grave risks, vanco therapy is obviously the first choice in
such infections, and with that MRSA become just another bug.

*                     Bob Morrell                       *
*              bmorrell at isnet.is.wfu.edu                *
* The operation was a success, as the autopsy will show *