Asst. Prof. at U. of Idaho

Karen Caffrey kcaffrey at marvin.csrv.uidaho.edu
Thu Aug 10 11:04:52 EST 1995

Assistant Professor of Microbiology: The University of Idaho is seeking
to fill a tenure track Assistant Professor position. We are interested in
candidates capable of establishing a nationally competitive research
program in either I) basic microbial genetics, or ii) the use of
microbial genetics to address related research areas in the department
which include host-parasite interactions, plant molecular biology and
biochemistry, plant/fungal development, and environmental microbiology.
The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to teaching
excellence and will be responsible for a one semester undergraduate
lecture/laboratory course in basic microbial genetics to be taught each
year and a graduate level course in his/her area of expertise in
alternate years. Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Microbiology,
Genetics, Biochemistry or a related field and relevant postdoctoral
research experience. Send CV, statement of research interests and three
letters of reference by September 15, 1995 to Dr. Greg Bohach, Search
Committee Chair, Department of Microbiology, Molecular Biology and
Biochemistry; University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho 83844-3052. Fax (208)
885-6518. AA/EOE