Military Science

CAWHIT cawhit at
Sun Aug 13 20:47:04 EST 1995

     I am looking for some advice.  I have an M.S. in Parasitology and I'm
currently a 4th year PhD student in Microbiology studying an
arthropod-borne disease, Lyme disease.  I enjoy this area of research but
I have my doubts about being able to secure a position (and finding grant
money!) in Parasitology/Vector-borne diseases.  I have been considering
going into the military (probably the U.S. Navy) to do research in this
     I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has any experience
(or knows of someone) in this area and could offer me some advice.