Research Project

Timothy Ryan tryan at aludra.usc.edu
Tue Aug 15 16:56:05 EST 1995

I am a member of a research team at the University of Southern California
examining how and why individuals choose careers in the sciences.  Among
those we are interested in interviewing are college professors in the
following areas:  Physics, chemistry, biology, geology, engineering, and
computer science.  We are particularly interested in interviewing female
professors.  Our survey takes about half an hour to complete and can be
administered via e-mail.  Respondents will be paid for taking part (some
participants will be asked to view a 45 minute PBS video about science
careers; these participants will be paid extra).
Any interested individuals can contact me at
tryan at scf.usc.edu

The project supervisor, Dr. Sheila Murphy, can be reached at
smurphy at bcf.usc.edu

We thank you in advance for any help you might offer.